written by: Manticore
As we begin nearing the end of September, we can look back and feel satisfied with our accomplishments. In July, Aurora Tormentum officer, Where Y’at introduced a fun, week-long activity called the Robot Rodeo. With the aim to make this a quarterly event, a few members were drawn to this interesting activity. In July, Ubiond from Aurora Excelsis, in a show of true perseverance, went on to win the July Robot Rodeo.
However, this was not enough for Where Y’at. He wanted something more… Something which gave each and every clan member who participated an equal chance to win. And he did just that. Now the leader of a proud and strong clan, Aurora Doctrina, Where Y’at revamped the Robot Rodeo. Scrapping the leader board point system and introducing more and exciting opportunities to gain a placement in the draw; like more interesting Safari Robots (The robot of the day with a unique weapon setup) and various other draw earners, like The Rhino Warriors, Where Y’at hoped that it would draw in more players from all the 12 clans. It was a huge success.
The Rodeo saw 44 pilots from across the 12 clans, submitting 200 entries. In order to make the draw as fair as possible, Where Y’at utilised a randomizer to pick a winner for all the categories. For each of the winning parts, a gift of gold was awarded.
The different winning categories were:
• The Rodeo of squad play – anyone was able to win this category. All you had to do to get a chance to win was post screenshots of you getting the highest beacon total by your squad in a win, highest kill total by your squad in a win highest beacon total by your squad in a loss and highest kill total by your squad in a loss there were 3 prizes for first place, second and third.
• The Rhino Warriors – sponsored by Aurora Excelsis officer Shakree. In this category, participants could earn a place in the drawing by completing one of the 5 tasks and providing in-game screenshot proof of their completion. The reward for this was two 500 gold awards. Two people could win this. Some of the tasks were:
1. Rhino Beacon Charge – A picture of your Rhino capturing the centre beacon within the first 60 seconds of the game.
2. Rhino Assault – a picture of more than 3 allied rhinos on your team together.
• The Scalpel – sponsored by Aurora Nova iOS leader, Cdr. Crimmins. One person was eligible to win this category and the prize was 1200 gold. In order to win this category, pilots had to compete with each other to post a picture of them destroying a red robot with a single Zenit.
• Master Tactician – sponsored by Where Y’at. One person was eligible to win this category and the prize was 1200 gold. Same as The Scalpel. In order to win, pilots had to screenshot a game where they won by getting less kills and beacons than the enemy team. Not an easy task to accomplish.
All the 44 pilots who participated had an equal chance to win 8000 gold in total. And now, please join me in congratulating all the winners of the September Robot Rodeo!
The winners of The Rhino Warriors were Benji from Tormentum and R3KTERZZZ from Excelsis. The winner of The Scalpel challenge was HAL9OOO from Excelsis. The winner of the incredibly hard Master Tactician challenge was Asp from Tormentum. Coming in third place for the squad drawing, with a prize of 500 gold, was beerman421 from Aurora Nova. Second place was Doctrina’s own, Flexie who won a 1200 gold prize. The Honorarium drawing was Draconis’s Ace McQuade, who won 1200 gold. And lastly with a big prize of 2500 gold came the first place winner Big-Dope-Knight. Congratulations to him.
A personal congratulations goes out to all the winners from all the sponsors, and the organiser himself. You have all done yourselves and us proud and I hope that the next Robot Rodeo will be just as successful, if not even more successful, as this one.